Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First post!

I decided that since I am about to  move all the way accross the country (and lets face it, Alaska is closer to Canada than the US) I should probably start a blog. As much as I love all my family and friends, I have a feeling I would get really tired of telling the same stories over and over again. Plus, I would hate to leave out details! So this is going to be my way of keeping everyone up to date with our journey.

So now that's out of the way. Here is where we stand with everything. I got the call yesterday that I am medically cleared to move to a new base. (yay!) Not that there was any concern, however, the military loves paperwork sooo. .Justin went to go pick up our orders today which we were told would be ready as soon as I was cleared. So the big question. Do we have our orders yet? The answer. NO! Of course they weren't ready. I get it. "These things take time". A direct quote from my dear husband. But hello! We leave in 22 days. Not that I am counting or anything. And without our orders, we have no way to set up a pick up date for all of our things that need shipped to Alaska. All that being said, I was told I need to "get it together and things will fall into place". Another direct quote of course. So I guess I will slow things down and hope for the best.

We have found a super cute house that I must have in Alaska. Called the guy and of course haven't heard back yet. I will hope for the best on that as well. So that's where things stand with us as of now. I am super excited for this amazing journey and new chapter in my life. I am expecting great things. As much as I will miss my beloved home state of South Carolina, I am sure Alaska has great things to offer. So I will leave you with a snap shot of my soon to be home, Alaska. It really is an amazing state.

1 comment:

  1. WELCOME TO BLOGSPOT!!! I can't WAIT to read about your adventure! I'm so excited for you! I know we only met that one night, but I hope you don't mind if I read and follow you!

    ReplyDelete