Monday, March 11, 2013

27 weeks


I am so excited to have finally reached the 3rd trimester. I know everyone measures it differently but we are going with what my pregnancy app says! It was a pretty uneventful week. We thought spring was here to stay however we received a few inches of snow yesterday. Justin was not excited to have to break out the snow blower to clear the driveway and the dogs were bummed their favorite porch spot was once again covered in snow. The sun is out in full force today so hopefully we will have a clear porch and warmer temps soon!

Pregnancy Highlights 

(thanks to Siren for butting in my picture!) 


How far along: 27 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby Mackenzie is the size of a head of cauliflower!16 in & 2.5lbs

Total Weight Gain: 11lbs. I never made it to the gym this week was not good. Hopefully trying to get back on a schedule tomorrow.

Maternity Clothes: Although I haven't purchased anything new this week I am thinking that is something I may need to do in the near future. Luckily I don't have many places to go so not too worried about it.

Movement: She moves all the time! Seems that she likes to move super late at night. Of course I am awake but poor Justin misses out since he is either sleeping or at work.

Sleep: Last night was horrible!! I used to feel bad about taking a two hour nap in the afternoons. Not anymore. Naps make no difference when it comes to how I sleep at night so I am all about a good afternoon nap these days.

What I Miss: Being able to wear shoes other than my Sorel hiking boots. Since I am so clumsy and have fallen twice already this winter, I am bound to the safest shoe which unfortunately isn't the most fashionable. Once all this snow decides to melt I will be back to TOMS and Sperrys! Can't wait.

Cravings: Nothing really.

Symptoms: The usual. Heartburn and lower back pain.

Labor Signs: Not yet.

Best Moment this Week: We went and picked up wooden letters to paint and use in the nursery. Since she has a pretty long name we decided to go with just her initials. I am super excited to get them completed and hung. Here is a preview.


I went this week for my glucose screening. I did one a few weeks ago that came back fine but they wanted another done just to be sure. I am still awaiting a call from the clinic which does not surprise me! I am anxious to know the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment