Wednesday, March 20, 2013

28 weeks


I know I am a few days late posting this weeks update. I feel like Justin and I have been so busy I just haven't had time! Today is the first day of spring although you wouldn't know it by walking outside here. Although it is very sunny it is only about 18 degrees. But the sun is so nice and warm that I do open a window or two to cool it down in the house and get some fresh air. Get with the program Alaska! I am ready for flip flops and grilling out! 

Pregnancy Highlights

This was taken Sunday. Another gorgeous day. Although please note our driveway is nothing but ice!

How far along: 28 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby Mackenzie is the size of a small cabbage! 17in and 2.9lbs

Total Weight Gain: Holding steady at 11lbs. I am perfectly ok with this. 

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new but I did finally take 3 pairs of pants to be altered. Shockingly all of them were a few inches too long! I will be able to pick them up tomorrow and I am so excited to have a few more options as far as pants go. I will also add I have a maxi skirt I am dying to wear. Please melt snow. . 

Movement: Still an active little girl! Of course every time I try to show Justin my stomach moving or have him feel her she stops moving. Thanks a lot little one!

Sleep: No real change here. I sleep when I can. I take what I can get and am so thankful when my four legged babies don't wake me up in the middle of the night. 

What I Miss: Going to the gym. I mean, I still go. But I am limited to what I can do at this point. I know I will get back to it but it is so hard to feel restricted! I was on such a strict routine and doing so well when I found out I was pregnant. Nausea made it impossible to get any sort of work out in for the first trimester! 

Cravings: Wheat toast with peanut butter and a huge glass of milk. I eat this at least once a day. Seriously. Sometimes twice. It's amazing! 

Symptoms: Same ole stuff!

Labor Signs: Not unless you count nesting which I have been doing like a crazy lady lately. 

Best Moment this Week: This week was crazy! I turned 27 which was not exciting. I did receive an amazing box from my mom this week with all kinds of great things for Mackenzie. She doubled her wardrobe! We also had to take Raven and Siren to the vet. Siren just needed a check up and shots but poor Raven had a bladder infection. A pretty serious one. Just after a few days of antibiotics she is back to her spunky self! Although the vet did remind us of their ages which was sad for me. I know they are getting older but they will always be my babies!

Raven enjoying the sunny weather this week!
Siren waiting for something to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment