Sunday, March 3, 2013

So many changes!

I can't believe it has been so long since I updated my blog! Reading back over previous blog posts I realize how much has changed in the last year of my life. School is done (for now!), I am not currently working, we traveled back South for a visit and most importantly Justin and I are expecting our first child in June 2013!! We are so very excited to start this next chapter of our lives. We have worked hard and waited until the time was right for us to expand our family. This pregnancy has been flying by! It is so hard to believe in just over 3 months we will be parents. I have committed to updating this blog for the sake of keeping our families in the loop! Here's the good stuff. .

Pregnancy Highlights:






Gender & Name: It's a little lady who will be named Mackenzie Jane

How far along: 26 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby Mackenzie is the size of a cucumber. 15 in & 2.2lbs

Total Weight Gain: 9lbs. I am going to blame my recent 2 lbs on Girl Scout Cookies and not making it to the gym as much this week.

Maternity Clothes: Mostly. I tried on a pair of jeans that used to be my "fat jeans". They don't fit anymore. I am still able to wear non maternity shirts which is awesome.

Movement: Yes and lots of it. Mostly when I am trying to sleep although she is very active in the afternoons as well.

Sleep: Ehh. . This is a sore subject for me. One night I may get 4 hours here and there and the next night I sleep all the way through without waking up. I am very thankful for the sleep I do get.

What I Miss: Sushi and wine.

Cravings: Girl Scout Cookies. It's an addiction at this point.

Symptoms: Heartburn. God awful heartburn at night. My lower back is becoming more sore which makes it hard to get comfortable.

Labor Signs: Nope.

Best Moment this Week: The nursery got a fresh coat of paint and the carpets cleaned! Justin is so ready to get the room ready.

Last week some wonderful friends of mine surprised me with a mini baby shower. We went to dinner and got pedicures. Opening gifts of little clothes made it real how soon she will be here! Mackenzie did get her very first North Face jacket which I am slightly obsessed with.





Being so far away from friends and family I realize how much I am not sharing with everyone. I promise to at least update the blog once a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment