Monday, April 8, 2013

31 weeks

What a week! I had 2 appointments this week! I will get into more detail about that later. Justin's schedule was changed around towards the end of this week due to an on base exercise. What was supposed to be 12 hour shifts turned into 14-15 hour shifts. Luckily today is the last day of that nonsense. Poor guy is exhausted and to be honest I am tired of not spending time with my husband! We also are currently getting dumped on by tons of snow. We got a little under a foot over the weekend. Starting today they are calling for anywhere from 9-15 inches. So much for spring and having my maternity pictures done with no snow involved! Due to the craziness of this week, I have no picture to share.

Pregnancy Highlights: 


How far along: 31 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby Mackenzie is still about the size of a head of lettuce. As of my ultrasound on Wednesday she was about 3.57lbs.  

Total Weight Gain: Still at 15lbs. Not going to complain about that. 

Maternity Clothes: Yup. I wear them. Don't really have a choice in the matter. But when I do wear t-shirts around the house Justin makes a point to peek and see if they are long enough. Thanks babe.

Movement: Tons. And I am able to almost tell between a hand/foot and another body part. She loves the right side for some reason.

Sleep: With Justin being home every night I have been sleeping great! Still wake up a few times during the night but thank goodness am able to fall back to sleep pretty quickly.   

What I Miss: Oh the list is endless this week. Sun, green grass, sushi, raspberry wheat beer from Moose's Tooth. . 

Cravings: No real cravings this week other than I really want Japanese. Hopefully once the week calms down I can convince my lovely husband to take me. =)

Symptoms: Lower back pain is endless. I will not miss it one bit. 

Labor Signs: Possible Braxton Hicks this week. But since I am not quite sure what they feel like it's hard to tell! 

Best Moment this Week: Busy busy week for the Sims Household. Had a regular check up with my doctor on Wednesday. Who by the way is amazing!! I love her and really hope she is on call when this baby decides to make her arrival. Everything looked good. She wanted to send me for a few ultrasounds over the next few weeks to do growth scans on the baby. I am not going to turn down extra ultrasounds! We went for the ultrasound the next day which was awesome. Mackenzie measured right on track with all her bone and organ growths. Except her head. . That is measuring about a week more than what I am. Perfect. The tech did say she could see a little hair on her head which is a good sign since I was bald until the age of 2 or so. We could also see Mackenzie practicing "breathing". It was the most amazing thing I have seen so far. Watching her little chest move up and down and seeing the amniotic fluid moving back and forth in front of her nose was the coolest. Of course it wouldn't be a normal ultrasound for me if Mackenzie wasn't being stubborn. The tech was going to try to get a 3D picture of her face for us. Our darling daughter would not turn to face forward. We did see her cute little hands though. Good enough for me. It is starting to feel very real.

In other news, our mailman hates us. Between our long, snow covered driveway, the number of packages we have recently been getting and the fact that Siren barks and growls like he is her next meal. . I don't blame the poor guy. He will be getting a nice gift card for Christmas from us this year! Speaking of packages, they are coming in and it feels like Christmas! I am so excited for my online baby shower in less than 2 weeks!! All these boxes sitting in the nursery is such a tease. I am looking forward to "seeing" everyone. I would much rather have a normal shower with friends and family in the same room but let's be honest. . Not much about my life is normal. None of my close friends even live in the same state and I live in Alaska! Either way, I am excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment