Thursday, April 14, 2011

What a day!

I have had the craziest day so far and it's only 2pm! But first I will catch you all up on "Alaska" stuff. As of right now, Alaska is the only state that doesn't have a veterans museum. Sunday all of that will change with the opening of the new veterans museum. Justin and I are planning to attend which I am pretty excited about. Something new and exciting to do! We also have started planning our summer trips and things that we would like to do. I am so looking forward to seeing new things in Alaska. The snow is almost completely melted and hopefully we won't be getting anymore of that stuff until next year!

Now for my crazy day. Justin left for work and for some reason I wasn't able to fall back asleep. I called my dear friend Trisha and talked to her for a while. And I might add that I miss her like crazy. Being able to talk and Skype is nice but not being able just to hang out stinks. Plus she has the most gorgeous baby and a pretty cool husband too. Then I called my Memaw and talked to her which is always nice. I am so looking forward to a visit from her and my grandpa while I am here. My grandpa's brother actually lives in Alaska. Upstate though in a town called Barrow. Which I learned today he is the mayor of. . pretty cool, right? So anyway, after all that catching up I decided to try and get some sleep. Took a nap, woke up, took a shower and made lunch. As I am sitting on the couch eating lunch, the doorbell rings and the dogs go crazy! I look out to see a little boy standing there. He was maybe 3 years old and in his pajamas with snow boots and a dog. Super weird. When I open the door he asks if he can come inside my house. Umm, no. I don't know you and you don't know me. We "talked" for a while. I found out he took his dog (whose name in Flin) out for a walk and then he got lost. The dog wasn't on a leash but seemed nice enough but very scared. The little boy said his dog was very nice but I know how dogs can be. When I tried to look at the tag on the dog's collar, he turned and snapped at me. Just the chance I knew I had to take to try to find this little boys home. I finally was able to see the address and walked the little boy all the way to the end of our street and to his house. His front door was open but the screen was closed. He didn't want to go inside and told me his daddy was at work and his mommy was upstairs sleeping! Really?! How do you fall asleep and let your little boy escape from the house. I finally convinced him to go inside and made sure he stayed inside for a while before I walked back to my house. Looking back I probably should have rang the door bell or something but honestly I was in such shock and soo mad about the situation it's probably next if I didn't. I don't have kids so I try not to judge but I just don't see how something like this could have happened. This mother is not only lucky her little boy ended up at my house and I was able to find his way home but lucky that she lives on base. Because it's sad to say but in this world today, her little boy could have easily disappeared. The sad thing is I am sure this happens more than I know about. Just breaks my heart for this little boy who was such a doll. It is a lesson for me for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment