Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 2!

Oh man. What a day! It wouldn't have been so bad if we saw the sun sometime before 4pm. Here is a recap of the day.

Staring the day: We left Nashville, TN this morning at 7:55am. Let me say we would have left earlier however I decided that I would like to straighten my hair this morning which of course was not in the plan. And then I spilled the cooler ALL over the car including the passenger front seat which Justin then had to sit in all day. Oops. When we left it was 54 degrees and raining. . Soo gross.

Major cities we went through: Memphis, TN . .Little Rock, AR . .Oklahoma City, OK

The dogs were: Awesome. They slept most of the day but the best part was we went 4.5 hours without stopping and they were fine. The only problem is when we stop for the night, the dogs tend to bark a lot since they aren't used to all the noise. It sucks but luckily no one has said anything yet so we will keep our fingers crossed.

Ending the day: We stopped for the night in Yukon, OK (which is right outside of Oklahoma City). When we stopped it was 50 degrees, sunny (although the sun was setting) and 7:00pm.

Total miles for the day: 695.2 whew!

Time spent behind the wheel: I started out the driving this morning around 8am. I drove through half of Tennessee, all of Arkansas and about 20 miles into Oklahoma. This was a total of about 8 hours. Justin took over and drove for about 3. I really don't mind driving. And I know that once we hit snow and mountains he wont be letting me drive much. Figured I could do most of the driving now.

Highlights of the day: It rained. A lot. All through Tennessee, all through Arkansas and into Oklahoma. It was horrible. Arkansas is pretty long. And boring. Not much there. But Oklahoma is amazing. Maybe has more cows than people. However, we did stop for gas (which we we almost ran out of since Justin kept "forgetting"!) and we ended up stopping at a little country store. We had to pre pay for our gas inside because the gas pump did not have a credit card reader. Something we found super outdated but very interesting. '

I don't want to speak too soon but the drive so far has not been bad. Justin and I try to keep each other company and the dogs have been very good. I am looking forward to heading west a little more and seeing more of this amazing country I call home. It's so interesting for me to see how the landscape changes from state to state. Tomorrow is a new day so rest is needed. A few pictures for your viewing pleasure!

A packed car!


North Carolina Mountains

Siren's favorite spot!

Downtown Nashville

Oklahoma!

More Oklahoma

Oklahoma City

No comments:

Post a Comment